From Kate Chiconi at TallTalesfromChiconia, North Queensland, Australia
After Anne, who made the book, I’m honoured to be first on the list to make a mark on the pristine pages of the Travelling Sketchbook.
It’s been a rough week or two for me health-wise as some of you will already know, but I’ve finally finished my entry, and here it is.
A stitched image in fabric, a bit of loopy hand lettering and a sorta, kinda poem.
The sewn fabric piece is the hardest bit of foundation paper piecing I’ve ever made, but knowing how fond Anne is of feathers, it was a challenge that just had to be met.
I’m not totally in love with the lettering, but sometimes you just have to commit to getting something down on paper, don’t you? And I like the words. Actually, I’m not even sure which way the page should go, landscape or portrait. I think I prefer portrait for the feather, but then the words are on their sides. You decide for yourselves which is better.
Below is the list of participants and links to them, so you can keep track of the Travelling Sketchbook’s journey.
- Me, Kate at TallTalesfromChiconia, North Queensland, Australia
- Sandra, aka Lady Red Specs from Please Pass the Recipe, Queensland, Australia
- Megan at Chas Spain Victoria, Australia
- Sandi, Victoria, Australia
- Dale from EllaDee Words, New South Wales, Australia
- Alys from Gardening Nirvana, USA
- Sue at From the Magpie’s Nest, USA
- Ushasree from Creative Crafts DIY, USA
- Marina from Athens Letters, Greece
- Viv from Viv in France
- Constanze from Textiledreamer, in Germany
- Annett from Knettycraft, in Germany
- Lynn from Tialys in France
- Jan from The Snail of Happiness, in the UK
- Margaret from The Crafty Creek, UK
and finally, back to Anne in Melbourne, Australia
Anne has made a map where we can record the Sketchbook’s travels, and I hope the others will also update and show this when they publish their contributions.